South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Digital & Data Science team helps our clients and South Pole design and execute the most ambitious and scalable climate impact initiatives whilst reducing the administrative effort to zero. Our unique track record of running projects across the globe and delivering verified, high quality carbon credits provides us with valuable data we can leverage to identify new, high impact initiatives. We help companies on a day-to-day basis to drive their carbon neutral strategies with their customers, suppliers and their employees through analytics and sustainability software solutions. If you have the skills, ambition and drive to use the best of digital and AI to protect ecosystems, restore forests, drive sustainable agriculture, and enable climate zero journeys across the globe then please apply or register your interest now!
At South Pole, we are on a mission to drive sustainability through data-driven insights. We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer (Analytics) to join our team. This role is key to helping solve some of our key challenges as a business.
The Challenge: Carbon Credits is a big complex subject matter which needs to be sourced from many systems and has multiple stakeholders. We need a data expert to develop advanced dbt data models. Experience in designing Inventory data management and Master data would be highly desirable.
You will be a key player in our Data team within Technology, reporting directly to the Head of Data.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Google Cloud Platform: BigQuery and related services
- Data Modelling: dbt or similar for building sophisticated DAGs
- Stakeholder Management: convert diverse design requirements, develop an elegant solution which will work for end users, manage the consequential change management
- Supporting Tooling: PowerBI/Looker, connected Google Sheets/AppSheets, and making of slides.
- Data Quality: manage data reconciliations, testing, and aligning definitions
- Enthusiasm for working in a global company in the sustainability sector
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Proven experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in working with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data
- Familiarity with data governance and management policies
- Experience with business requirements gathering for data sourcing
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.