Interim People Services Specialist
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a People Services Specialist, you report to the People Services Manager, EMEA. The role will involve supporting the region, and its employees by partnering with the wider People and Culture team, in executing all global People processes, covering the full employee life-cycle, and company policies. In addition, you have the opportunity to participate in People process improvements, People policies design and implementation. The People Services Specialist will also ensure compliance with employment laws, regulations, and company policies.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage the entire employee lifecycle events, such as onboarding and offboarding
- Manage employee inquiries, resolve problems and escalate issues as needed
- Support and coordinate global mobility requirements such as work permits or visa applications
- Support other EMEA countries on an ad-hoc basis
- Manage all employee benefits such as pension funds, life insurance, service awards, and any other benefits available in the region
- Prepare payroll on a monthly basis with the support of our local vendor
- Maintain and update our People policies and procedures
- Be an active member of the People Services team to enhance the team’s ability to deliver consistent, high-quality work
- Participate in continuous improvements initiatives to ensure maximum efficiency for the team and the highest employee experience
- Ensure compliance with People policies and procedures, and employment laws and regulations
- Review existing People processes, identity areas for improvement, and implement changes to make them more efficient and effective
- Several years experience within the field of HR
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced HR team and knowledge of key HR related issues and processes, and managing the employee lifecycle
- Previous experience maintaining a HR information system and working with a case management/ ticketing system is desirable
- Previous experience managing the payroll process
- Strong knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and HR policies and procedures
- Previous experience managing and coordinating work permits and visa requirements is a plus
- Exceptional attention to details organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise workload against competing demands in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and under pressure whilst analysing complex situations and identify options for action
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Corporate Functions
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Interim People Services Specialist
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.