Specialist, Carbon Portfolio Offering, UK
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits. By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this role, you will be part of our Carbon Portfolio Offering team, which focuses on meeting the growing demand for sustainability action (for example, financing emission reduction projects) and optimising the portfolio of carbon credits.
You will be responsible for preparing carbon credit proposals and providing additional support to key account managers and business developers. The Portfolio team links the project development, procurement and sales teams, requiring you to coordinate closely with them.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support the key account management team in consulting leads and clients regarding their project portfolios
- Oversee and optimise South Pole’s carbon offset portfolio
- Independently prepare proposals based on South Pole’s carbon credits portfolio to meet the Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) targets of South Pole’s leads and clients
- Coordinate with other members of the Carbon Portfolio Offering team globally and with colleagues in other carbon portfolio functions
- Develop advanced knowledge of company-wide procedures and processes
- Execute administrative activities across the Carbon Portfolio Offering team
- Closely follow voluntary carbon market developments and support the team in gathering market intelligence
- At least a University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Environmental Management, Sustainability) or a broader field with evidence of a focus on environmental or sustainability issues (e.g. Engineering, Business/Management/Finance)
- Relevant work experience in portfolio management, consulting or similar areas
- Excellent written and oral command of English, another language is a plus
- Basic IT skills, especially regarding Google Suite, Google Sheets, and Google AppSheets and excellent analytical skills (high level of numeracy and financial literacy)
- Experience in environmental markets, particularly in carbon markets and/or managing environmental commodity portfolios
- Good understanding of voluntary carbon products and markets, preferably including project-based carbon standards, technologies and carbon project development processes
- Experience working in international teams and are open to travel occasionally.
- Enthusiastic about commitments to climate change mitigation and broader sustainability objectives
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Portfolio Management
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Specialist, Carbon Portfolio Offering, UK
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.