Interim Product Manager, Salesforce, Technology
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
At South Pole, we are delivering an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme to drive scalable growth and enable process automation across the business. The Salesforce Product Manager role focuses on the Salesforce platform, a key solution in our system portfolio.
This role is instrumental in translating the pain points and business requirements into actionable work streams in the Salesforce environment. Thus this role combines product management expertise with software development leadership.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Communicate with South Pole colleagues to understand the needs of teams and business lines relating to Salesforce
- Create detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for the business challenge and verify them with stakeholders
- Identify opportunities, improvements and enhancements across the application portfolio, and work to make these items a reality
- Support the shaping and delivery of the enterprise technology strategy in support of South Pole’s overall mission and objectives
- Collaborate with Digital Transformation colleagues to manage Roadmap items and communicate the benefits of the team’s recommendations across the various stakeholder groups
- Act as a Scrum Master for the team, by organising and managing all sprint ceremonies including: Backlog refinement, daily stand ups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospectives along with effective use of JIRA
- Coordinate the communication to the business regarding sprint outputs via Jira Knowledge Base Articles, In-App Guidance, monthly drop-in sessions and newsletters while providing post implementation support
- Act as a Knowledge Champion and key POC for business stakeholders for the Salesforce domain: Sales Cloud, CPQ, DocuSign, API with ERP, Conga, Pardot while maintaining a detailed understanding of SFDC product roadmap and how it can be optimally utilised by SouthPole
- Contribute to testing and assurance activities including peer review and defect investigation, and participating in the end to end and acceptance testing including coordination of UAT
- Several years product management work experience, including respective experience in Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Pardot, CPQ)
- Experience of managing software backlogs and teams, ideally within a complex, highly integrated technology landscape
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences, across different geographies and business functions
- Ability to understand and influence technical and business stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Experience in process engineering, workflow mapping
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects concurrently
- An ability to define and manage priorities and plan accordingly
- Experienced in delivering communications, stakeholder updates, “show-and-tells” and walkthroughs
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- A strong interest in business, climate action and the environment
- Educated to degree level
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Corporate Functions
- London, Amsterdam
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Interim Product Manager, Salesforce, Technology
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.