South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As the Workplace Specialist(Office Manager) for Brussels, you will be responsible for the overall management and administration of our local office, and more importantly, be the heartbeat of the office - bringing a dynamic and lively approach to support our growing team. You will directly report to the Regional Workplace Lead ensuring active collaboration with the Office Director. The Workplace team aims to enhance the workplace and community experience of the entire team through enthusiastically and proactively providing administrative support, implementing new team initiatives, and supporting our close-knit team. Make this role your own! This is a position that requires someone who is comfortable working on practical and administrative issues, as well as engaging the community and creating a fun office space for our employees.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Proactively facilitate team bonding activities both face-to-face and remotely: bring the know-how and engage the team to meet / connect / have lots of fun together at a regular cadence (preparing an events calendar is one way to go about it).
- Ensure that our new starters feel welcome and get introduced to other people in the office, not only their own teams.
- Be creative in your approach to developing and incorporating office policies in line with global workplace strategy.
- Help implement and monitor local office sustainability initiatives and data
Ensure we are on top of local health and safety legislation and South Pole global
standards and seek to improve existing procedures we have in place.
- Oversee office resources and keep on top of office supplies to always promote an office environment meeting various working needs and requirements.
- Monitor office spend by preparing monthly reports and office budgets.
Maintain a continuous feedback loop with your community members to improve the
community’s activities and discover input for content to stay relevant.
- Warmly welcome our clients and other visitors to the office.
- This is not a standard administrative role where you need to cover the practical side of the office management. We are looking for passionate people who enjoy building relations, getting connected to people and creating an atmosphere of fun!
- Ability to clearly articulate your viewpoint to all of our community members.
- Proficiency in English is a must, and any other European / Local language.
- Excellent communication skills to engage effectively with team members and
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and initiative!
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commercial-minded.
- High on energy and enthusiasm.
- Passion for environmental issues and understanding of sustainability, CSR and
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Corporate Functions
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.