Carbon Project Development Coordination - Specialist, LATAM
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The Project Development Coordination - Specialist is responsible for supporting the coordination between PMs and Carbon standards/registries to process carbon projects through all development stages until credit issuance. The Specialist will also be tasked with supporting the team in providing a high-level regional view of issuance timelines and challenges to the rest of the Portfolio team.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Facilitate coordination with carbon standards for project development stages from registration to credit issuance
- Submit necessary reports for project registration, validation, and verification
- Coordinate project review milestones
- Arrange Issuance as requested by Registry teams.
- Manage and approve invoice payments to standards, including development and issuance fees, in collaboration with Accounting
- Act as the key liaison between carbon standards and South Pole's project portfolio team concerning carbon project development
- Address accounting and legal challenges as needed.
- Serve as the internal point of contact for project issuance information
- Conduct ad-hoc follow-ups on specific projects regarding issuances
- Participate in monthly calls with Project Developers and Project Account Managers, discussing market demands, future sales, critical projects and issuances, regional challenges, policy updates, and technical developments.
- Maintain and update established rules for the Offering team on the pre-sale of credits to manage risk based on data
- Assist with the development and upkeep of the team's guidebook
- Adept at adapting to an emerging team with evolving tasks and priorities
- Skilled in guiding a team's strategic direction to enhance efficiency and effectiveness
- Experienced in synthesizing diverse information from multiple sources into practical tasks and processes
- Proficient in collaborating with global teams across various regions and time zones in an international role
- Familiarity with the carbon project development process is preferred
- Experience working with third-party carbon standards (Gold Standard, Verra, CDM) is preferred
- Understanding commercial carbon transactions is preferred
- Familiarity with legal terminology and accounting principles is desired
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Portfolio Management
- Medellin, Bogotá
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Carbon Project Development Coordination - Specialist, LATAM
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.