Finance Manager - Climate Change
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this newly created role in our Singapore Office, you will work closely with the Head of Finance of Asia Pacific to deliver accounting best practice as we continue to grow our presence across the region. You will coordinate and collaborate with multiple South Pole offices located around the world as a key member of the growing global accounting team.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage accounts payable and receivable tasks
- Maintain proper reconciliation and integrity of GL accounts
- Monitor and update fixed asset registers
- Maintain cash flow forecast for the Singapore company
- Processing monthly payroll
- Prepare monthly financial statements including reconciliation of intercompany balances
- Prepare and process GST returns
- Work with external tax agents to complete lodgment of annual company income tax
- Manage annual financial audits
- Implement new processes and procedures related to the Finance Function for Singapore
- Act as the main point of contact for finance matters for the local Singapore team
- Collaborate with the global accounting team on global projects and activities as required
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Relevant experience in similar accounting roles
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style
- Proactive and driven to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills, able to liaise effectively with stakeholders within the organisation
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suite and accounting software
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Passionate about working in a close and diverse team, but also independently
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Corporate Functions
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Finance Manager - Climate Change
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.