Senior Technical Specialist - Sustainable Technologies, Climate Projects - SEA
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Development team is at the forefront of developing and managing climate mitigation activities. By working closely with project owners and developers as well as their local communities, we manage the complete registration, verification and evaluation of carbon projects to enable the issuance of emission-reduction certificates, in line with official carbon standards. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As part of the Climate Project unit, you will focus on successfully overseeing the timely and effective generation and delivery of emission reductions and managing the entire project development cycle in SEA. In addition, you will support the project development team and any related sourcing activities and coordinate with other teams. You will be responsible for the design and development of carbon projects in the area of sustainability technology as well as any related GHG mitigation activity. It may include the new initiatives in the field of environmental certificates as well. Your role will also ensure that the projects are implemented as agreed while delivering high-quality deliverables (project documents, monitoring reports and others). You will participate in business rounds, technical sessions, site visits, and other relevant events. If you are an enthusiastic and dynamic person with relevant academic background and are passionate to contribute to the fight against climate change, then we are looking for you.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Independent management of climate mitigation projects and entire carbon cycle project development/management, including implementation of all co-benefit certificates
- Maintain a good relationship with the Team Head, other Senior Leads, project owners, clients, VVBs (DOEs or auditors) and other counterparts
- Be aware of the process of signing of ERPA with the project owners, as well as of all the internal procedures in the internal project management tool
- Prepare Proposal/deliverable preparation and completion to the quality required by South Pole and the client
- Define and plan content and structure to support the certification of a project: work plans, work schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Provide technical reviews and quality checks
- Keep the team members (collaborators) informed of their progress in the project and ensure that they stay within the time and budget agreed
- Draft invoices to be approved by the supervisor and sent to the Accounting team for submission to clients
- Managing project owners' accounts in our project management tool
- Manage complex situations and technical challenges that will require the use of a problem-solving approach
- Update proposal/project information in the project management tool and ensure all relevant documents are accessible on Google Drive at any time
- Keep general information, milestones and cash flow in project management tool up to date
- Plan site visits and other types of business trips/training if required
- Gather, prepare and present information to represent South Pole at meetings as requested
- Undertake research into possible partners and collaborators for upcoming opportunities
- Participate in formal and informal networking opportunities as requested
- Share relevant contacts and information on possible opportunities with the Global Sourcing team
- Relevant carbon experience.
- University degree in any relevant engineering field such as (but not limited to) energy and environmental studies
- Very good communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work in an interdisciplinary, global team
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Result-oriented work approach with the ability to work quickly
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- A master’s degree in any environmental management area is seen as a plus
- Knowledge of energy, waste management and recycling regulations
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Project Development
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Senior Technical Specialist - Sustainable Technologies, Climate Projects - SEA
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.