Associate Director, Enterprise Applications, Technology
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As Associate Director of Enterprise Applications, you play a critical role in supporting South Pole to leverage its core business software to support key business objectives and drive transformation. You are a member of the Enterprise Technology leadership team, reporting into the Global Director of Enterprise Technology. As such, you have line management responsibility for a team of technical specialists who maintain, support and develop South Pole’s enterprise applications.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and development of an internally built platform (AQ) which hosts South Pole’s business critical functions (inventory, professional services delivery and invoicing)
- Ensure that AQ remains stable and continues to provide essential functionality to the business with a robust backlog and roadmap
- Responsible for managing the transition from AQ to a new tier 1 ERP solution over the course of the coming 24-30 months
- Act as the key Enterprise Technology representative within the ERP implementation project. You lead the technology workstream for the overall digital transformation program and report on delivery status to the ERP project manager accordingly
- Act as a “change agent”, championing the business benefits of such an ERP transformation project
- Have a strong understanding of core business processes, including accounting, order management, inventory management, MRP, professional services automation/project management and purchasing/procurement processes
- Upon ERP implementation, you will build and manage a technical product team responsible for the ongoing growth, maintenance and development of the ERP system
- Have deep technical knowledge of systems and the landscape in which they reside at South Pole, and are able to recognise and manage dependencies
- Support architectural/technical decisions and offer recommendations based on best practices, taking into account supportability, compliance and risk elements
- Oversee a team which manages the enterprise applications as products within an agile development framework. You encourage the standardisation and embedding of effective delivery processes (e.g. for QA and UAT)
- Ensure that product roadmaps and backlogs are maintained and communicated effectively, in line with business needs
- Work in close collaboration with your manager and the other pillars within Enterprise Technology, as well as with the wider technology team and functional owners from around the business
- Responsible for building and managing a high-performing team. You proactively attract and retain talent. You set a clear direction for the team, manage performance and support career development
- Manage capacity and priorities effectively, balancing service and support needs with larger change/transformation pieces
- Support your manager in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with 3rd party vendors and service partners
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a business/finance or technology related domain
- Leadership experience in managing tier 1 and 2 enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, ideally Infor CloudSuite MS Dynamics or SAP S4Hana
- Involvement in the implementation of several large ERP systems across a global group, being a core member of the central project team - either a Tier 1 or 2 ERP solution
- Extensive experience of managing hybrid delivery-focused teams within a global company
- A solid understanding of both ITIL and agile delivery methodologies
- Project Management certification (e.g. Prince II / PMI)
- Outstanding communication and senior stakeholder management skills. Experience of liaising across multiple departments/disciplines/geographies in a matrix organisation
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with a flexible approach to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong interest in business, climate action and the environment
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment where many processes and procedures need to be implemented
- Ability to understand and influence technical and business stakeholders at differing levels in the organisation
- Financial accounting background
- Certified ERP consultant, e.g. for SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Infor, IFS
- Experience working within Professional Services and Product-based businesses
- Assisted in digital transformation of prior companies’ solutions/product catalogue
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Associate Director, Enterprise Applications, Technology
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.