Senior Manager, Business Applications, Technology
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As Senior Manager of Business Applications, you play a critical role in supporting South Pole globally to leverage its core business software to support key business objectives and drive transformation. You are a member of the Enterprise Technology leadership team, reporting into the Global Director of Enterprise Technology. As such, you have line management responsibility for a team of specialists who maintain, support and develop some of South Pole’s core business applications, as well as for a small technical training capability.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- You are responsible for the management and development of multiple business applications which vary in size and complexity and span domains such as HR, service management, collaboration, intranet, contract lifecycle management and project management
- You have a deep technical knowledge of systems and the landscape in which they reside at South Pole, and are able to recognise and manage dependencies
- You support architectural/technical decisions and offer recommendations based on best practices, taking into account supportability, compliance and risk elements
- You oversee a team which manages the software applications as products within an agile development framework. You act as an ambassador for this way of delivery technology value into the business
- You encourage the standardisation and embedding of delivery processes (e.g. for QA and UAT)
- You ensure that product roadmaps and backlogs are maintained and communicated effectively, in line with business needs
- You provide input into RFIs and RFQs for new business applications as part of the selection process and ensure that the team supports the entire implementation project
- You constantly assess the efficacy/return on investment of the applications in your area and look to rationalise where appropriate
- You build and own a framework and strategy for establishing a professional technical training function at South Pole. You do so in close collaboration with the central L&D function
- You support the Head of Service Delivery in delivering a high level of customer service support
- You work in close collaboration with your manager and the other pillars within Enterprise Technology, as well as with the wider technology team and functional owners from around the business
- You are responsible for building and managing a high-performing team. You proactively attract and retain talent. You set a clear direction for the team, manage performance and support career development
- You are able to manage capacity and priorities effectively, balancing service and support needs with larger change/transformation pieces
- You manage and maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors and service partners in close collaboration with your manager to ensure ROI.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a business/finance or technology related domain
- Subject level experience of business systems management. Ideally with some of the following systems: JIRA, Monday.com, HiBob, TeamTailor, DocuSign CLM/e-signature, Tableau, MIRO
- Involvement in the implementation of new business applications
- Extensive experience of managing hybrid delivery-focused teams within a global company
- A solid understanding of both ITIL and agile delivery methodologies
- Experience of managing a technical training function
- Excellent communication and senior stakeholder management skills. Experience of liaising across multiple departments/disciplines/geographies in a matrix organisation
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with a flexible approach to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong interest in business, climate action and the environment
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment where many processes and procedures need to be implemented
- Ability to understand and influence technical and business stakeholders at differing levels in the organisation
- Strong HR related process experience/knowledge
- Experience working within Professional Services and Product-based businesses
- Assisted in digital transformation of prior companies’ solutions/product catalogue
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Senior Manager, Business Applications, Technology
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.