Manager, Technical, Sustainable Technologies, Climate Projects - SEA
South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Development team is at the forefront of developing and managing climate mitigation activities. By working closely with project owners and developers as well as their local communities, we manage the complete registration, verification and evaluation of carbon projects to enable the issuance of emission-reduction certificates, in line with official carbon standards. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As part of the Project Development team, you will oversee the timely and effective generation and delivery of emission reductions and manage the full climate project development cycle in Southeast Asia. You will support the regional climate project team and any related sourcing activities, advising project managers, working closely with senior members and coordinating with other teams (sourcing, operation, portfolio, KAM, climate policy, etc.). You will also be expected to ensure that the projects are implemented as agreed while delivering high-quality deliverables.
You will be responsible for the design and development of carbon projects in the area of sustainability technology as well as any related GHG mitigation activity. It may include the new initiatives in environmental certificates as well.
You will also deal with the complex situations and technical challenges that will require a problem-solving approach in addition to being creative, independent, resourceful and a trusted leader with functional knowledge/expertise in the GHG mitigation area and related field. Participation in business rounds, technical sessions, site visits and other relevant events will be part of this exciting role. In addition, as a people manager, the task may include supervising the assigned team members to bring and achieve work targets as committed
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead emission reduction generation and full carbon cycle project development/management including implementation of all co-benefit certificates
- Maintain a good relationship with the Team Head, other Senior Leads, project owners, clients, VVBs (DOEs or auditors) and other counterparts
- Guide, train and support a team of project managers in SE Asia
- Be aware of the process of negotiation and signing of ERSA or ERPA with the project owners, as well as of all the internal procedures in the internal project management tool
- Proposal/deliverable preparation and completion to the quality required by South Pole and the client
- Define and plan content and structure to support the certification of a project: work plans, work schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Provide technical reviews and Quality Checks
- Keep the team members (collaborators) informed of their progress in the project and ensure that they stay within the time and budget agreed
- Draft invoices to be approved by the supervisor and sent to the Accounting team for submission to clients. Managing project owners' accounts in our project management tool
- Update proposal/project information in the project management tool and ensure all relevant documents are accessible on Google Drive at any time
- Keep general information, milestones and cash flow in project management tool up to date
- Planning and development of site visits and other types of business trips/training if required
- Budget control and resource management; make use of new upcoming tool's feature to manage budget of all tasks and activities with optimum efficiency and effectiveness
- Gather, prepare and present information to represent South Pole at meetings as requested
- Undertake research into possible partners and collaborators for upcoming opportunities
- Participate in formal and informal networking opportunities as requested
- Share relevant contacts and information on possible opportunities with the Global Sourcing team.
- University degree in Renewable Energy, Environmental Science, Engineering, Sustainability, or any climate change and GHG mitigation related field, a master degree is a plus
- Experience in on-grid or off-grid based renewable energy, e.g solar, wind, biomass, biogas. Familiarity with the mitigation activity in the waste sector is an advantage
- Several years experience in sustainability consulting, climate change mitigation, team management or related fields
- Good understanding of CDM, VERRA, GS4GG including other relevant carbon standards
- Good understanding of climate change topic, GHG accounting project, carbon projects, carbon footprint, community based project and renewable energy development is essential
- Creative, independent, resourceful and a trusted leader with functional knowledge/expertise of the GHG mitigation area and related field
- Capable in making decisions that focus on the operational aspects and take accountability for it
- Advanced network of potential clients, collaborators or other relevant stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both in Thai and English
- Thai National or Passport Holder
- Hands on experience on carbon project development from initial project assessment to issuance of credits
- Working experience on project development in the area of renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable energy, sustainable technology, low carbon technology, decarbonization technology, waste to energy or similar field will be a plus
- A good network with various market participants e.g. project developers, Auditor and government agencies will be a plus
- Knowledge of additional languages in Asia is considered a plus
- A keen attention to details, flexible and efficient
- Open mind and embrace all challenges
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Project Development
Life as a Penguin on the Iceberg
Health & WellbeingWe believe that health is central to happiness. We organise many wellbeing activities such as yoga, meditation sessions, sports groups, healthy snacks, active breaks, etc.
Work-life balanceFrom flexible working hours to flexible workplace (home office), with above-average vacation allowances, we strive to make the work and family life puzzle an easy one for our employees.
We practice what we preachFrom Vegan Days to plastic-free lunches, off-setting our own Company emissions and countless other initiatives, we fully live our values and lead by example on a daily basis.
Company outings and eventsIt is not only hard work, we also have lots of fun! We frequently get together to celebrate our successes, do activities together and get to know each other better
What makes us unique
At South Pole, we are first and foremost a purpose-driven Company. People join us because they believe in our mission and want to be part of a community that fights together for our shared values and beliefs. But that is not the only reason why working at South Pole is such a rewarding experience.
- We know that our vision to help create a greener world is both bold and challenging. To achieve it, we settle for nothing less than the absolute best. We form a Community that is stronger than the sum of its parts.
- Entrepreneurial at heart. It’s not just our founders who are entrepreneurs. We actively promote an innovative mindset at all levels of the organisation, where each and every employee is encouraged to challenge the status quo and empowered to make decisions.
- Growing employees in a growing company. With a team of smart, passionate and engaged colleagues, as well as increasing demand from our clients, opportunities to learn, develop our skills and grow our careers are endless.
- All for one, and one for all! Above all other things, what truly drives our dedication and commitment to our purpose is our colleagues. We learn from each other and grow together. Because that is who Penguins are.
About South Pole
At South Pole, we work with businesses and governments across the globe. We help realise deep decarbonisation pathways across industries, based on a thorough understanding of climate risks and opportunities in specific sectors, as well as the highest emission reduction standards. Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Visit www.southpole.com for more information.
Manager, Technical, Sustainable Technologies, Climate Projects - SEA
Loading application form
Already working at South Pole?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.