South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Topics of engagement may include: RE procurement in China, global corporate renewable energy sourcing strategies and roadmaps, renewable energy target setting (e.g. RE100), energy attribute certificates, green tariffs, corporate PPAs, on-site renewables, RE100 compliance and CDP/RE100 reporting, supply chain engagement
- Manage medium-size sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation. Interact and build relationships with our international, regional and local clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates
- Develop proposals for the corporate on renewable energy solutions in close collaboration with the Key Account Management team and senior consulting professionals to support business development activities for the company. For small advisory projects, occasionally provide high-level technical guidance and perform technical review of proposals and deliverables
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
- Support senior consulting and key account management teams in further developing
- South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings
- University degree ideally in a sustainability or energy related field: Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Energy Management, Energy Engineering, Energy
- Risk Management, Energy Trading, Renewable Energy Policy, Economics or sustainability/energy-related disciplines
- Relevant knowledge of renewable energy procurement challenges in multinational companies
- Relevant work experience in energy consulting or related fields, specifically focused on the Chinese power market
- Deep understanding of the Chinese electricity market and corporate renewable energy sourcing in the Asian region
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and ability to coordinate project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables). Good stakeholder and client management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders
- Diligent, reliable and proactive
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Autonomous yet collaborative approach to work
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Chinese. Additional regional language skills will be an advantage
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of energy sector stakeholders in China
- Experience in PPAs in the Chinese market.
- Experience in the Energy Attribute Certificate and Biomethane markets.
- Experience in renewable investments
- Experience in onsite renewable appraisals
- Experience in product development
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word.
- A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.