South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Business Development Manager is to grow South Pole’s business in the US and Canada. You will build strong long-term relationships with new, strategic clients, building out South Pole’s impact in the region. You will identify business opportunities, both inbound and outbound, by understanding clients’ needs and how South Pole can support them in taking meaningful climate action.
Close collaboration with other South Pole units, you will enable companies to become leaders on their way towards a net zero society. If you are an enthusiastic and dynamic sustainability professional with relevant experience in business development, client relationship management, and sustainability solutions, then we are looking for you.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Proactively win new clients to grow South Pole’s business around climate action in the US and Canada
- Qualify client needs and match them with South Pole’s climate solutions
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, at conferences and remotely
- Develop compelling offers and proposals together with the carbon projects team, our product experts and consultants
- Conclude commercial agreements with clients and onboard
- Collaborate with the marketing team to define customer segments, develop target lists and run outreach campaigns
- Provide market feedback to practice leads, business lines managers and marketing team
- Contribute to the sustainable commercial success of the team and the company
- University degree in Sustainability and/or Business related disciplines
- Relevant experience in business development and sales in the sustainability field (renewable energy or carbon markets, corporate responsibility, sustainable development, climate change, or advisory services)
- Track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Understanding of the business drivers behind corporate climate actions and initiatives (e.g. SBT, RE100, Net Zero) and the ability to formulate a business case
- Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and sense of urgency
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills with strong business and commercial acumen
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Solution-oriented and creative mindset
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, international environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.