South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this role, you will be part of our Carbon Portfolio Offering team, which focuses on meeting the growing demand for sustainability action (for example financing emission reduction projects) and optimising the portfolio of carbon credits.
You will be responsible for preparing carbon credit proposals and providing additional support to key account managers and business developers (for example, in client meetings). The Portfolio team links the project development, procurement and sales teams which will require you to coordinate closely with them.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support the key account management team in consulting leads and clients regarding their project portfolios
- Oversee and optimise South Pole’s carbon offset portfolio
- Independently prepare proposals based on South Pole’s carbon credits portfolio to meet the Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) targets of South Pole’s leads and clients
- Coordinate with other members of the Carbon Portfolio Offering team globally and with colleagues in other carbon portfolio functions
- Develop advanced knowledge of company-wide procedures and processes.
- You will execute administrative activities across the Carbon Portfolio Offering team
- Closely follow voluntary carbon market developments and support the team in gathering market intelligence
- At least a University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Environmental Management, Sustainability) or a broader field with evidence of a focus on environmental or sustainability issues (e.g. Engineering, Business/Management/Finance)
- Relevant work experience in portfolio management, consulting or similar areas
- Excellent written and oral command of English and German; other languages are a plus
- Basic IT skills, especially regarding CRM, Excel and/or Google Sheets and excellent analytical skills (high level of numeracy and financial literacy)
- Experience in environmental markets, particularly in carbon markets and/or managing environmental commodity portfolios
- Good understanding of voluntary carbon products and markets, preferably including project-based carbon standards, technologies and carbon project development processes
- Experience working in international teams and are open to travel occasionally
- Enthusiastic about commitments to climate change mitigation and broader sustainability objectives
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.