South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The Business Development Manager for Digital Climate Solutions is responsible to grow South pole’s business in the Oceania region. You will build strong long term relationships with new clients in e-commerce, B2C platforms, software companies and retail industry.
You will contribute to the definition and implementation of the go-to-market strategy in your region to provide inputs for product and service development. In addition, you will be responsible to demonstrate the integration of our climate action, drive sales, and maintain strong customer relations.
To be successful in this role you should have a thorough understanding of e-commerce and other B2C infrastructure, processes, and systems and how climate action (offsetting) could be integrated. Ultimately, success is driven by understanding the needs of the client and providing them with the right solution.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- As part of a broader APAC business development team, this role is responsible for developing new business opportunities to grow South Pole’s business in the Digital Climate Solutions practice in the Oceania region
- Identifying market trends, clients needs and new business opportunities, help to refine go-to-market strategy for the region
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, at conferences and remotely
- Work with Digital Climate Solutions team (Business Development, Customer Success, Practice Leads) to on-board new and existing clients
- Be the point of contact for a portfolio of new and existing clients to build trusted
relationships and position South Pole as their preferred partner for Digital Climate
- Ensure client satisfaction by maintaining the high-quality standard of our services and anticipating their expectations by applying Key Account Management tasks.
- Conclude commercial agreements with clients and partners, with assistance from senior management in more complex deal negotiation and contract development
- Provide market feedback to practice leads, business lines managers and marketing team
- Support senior sales team in further developing South Pole’s thought leadership,
services, products, marketing materials and offerings
- Contribute to the sustainable commercial success of the team and the company
- A university degree in IT/ Business related /Sustainability/Environmental
- Several years business development and sales experience of account management/sales experience with strong preference in selling enterprise
software or SaaS-based digital solutions (experience in climate technology will be an advantage)
- Track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Established networks in the regional software and ecommerce sector are highly
preferred. Understanding of the business drivers behind corporate climate
actions and initiatives (e.g. SBT, RE100, carbon neutrality)
- Entrepreneurial mindset to drive business development in your region and have
strong business acumen, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and sense of urgency
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills with strong business and commercial
- Solution-oriented and creative mindset
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Experienced working in small teams, ideally within an international and
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Workspace, Salesforce
- Work experience in the field of climate change, sustainable development (renewable energy or carbon markets) or corporate responsibility
- Experience in engaging clients at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of the climate solutions market in Australia/New Zealand region
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.