South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
South Pole (SP) is looking for a Clean Fuel Program Business Manager (CFP-BM) to strengthen our Climate Project’s team and play a key role in conceptualizing and assessing business opportunities arising out of regional Clean Fuel Standards (CFSs) also referred to as low-carbon fuel standards (LCFSs) and clean fuels programs (CFPs).
The goal of the CFP-BM is to support the team in market analysis, the development of business opportunities arising out of or in connection to the CFPs within the U.S. and preparation of proposals for South Pole's clients.
The CFP-BM will be part of a growing global team of analysts covering and analyzing the developments on climate change policies around the world, providing knowledge sharing opportunities for the entire organization.
Short-listed candidates will have a very good understanding of global climate policy, low carbon technologies for the transportation sector, prior experience working with CFPs is a must.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Gather market intelligence on CFP (regulatory and market) developments and identify trends to decarbonize the transportation sector
- Support business development activities through desktop research, developing materials to be pitched internally (presentations, research papers, proposals/deliverables) for the Climate Projects Board
- Manage and contribute to the compliance market sales overview, following on country/state developing opportunities within the CFP
- Build and maintain a network with CFP's market participants
- Be a go-to point for South Pole's customers and the market community by providing analytical insights and market knowledge via South Pole's portfolio offerings
- Be in direct contact with our customers and support them in understanding compliance CFP market developments, price drivers, and fundamentals
- Collaborate across functions and foster the sales nurturing process.
- Master's degree, ideally in Finance, Economics, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Political Sciences, or related disciplines
- Relevant knowledge of carbon markets, low carbon technologies, CFP data analytics, and climate finance
- Relevant work experience in CFPs, e.g. California's LCFS
- Expertise with models like Greenhouse Gasses, Regulated Emissions, and Energy use in Transportation model version 3.0 (GREET-Model) and assessing transportation fuel's carbon intensities
- Awareness of current national and international policy developments with regard to CFPs
- Ability to conduct research tasks, analyze and summarize data
- Good writing skills, with the ability to create high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables)
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, collaborators, or other relevant stakeholders
- An autonomous yet collaborative approach to work
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, and knowledge of another UN language is an advantage
- Demonstrable interest in working on climate change mitigation projects, programs or instruments, and technologies for decarbonizing the transportation sector
- Strong analytical skills and mindset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word
- Diligent, reliable, and proactive
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Good prioritization and time management skills
- Good written and spoken skill in other languages is advantageous
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.