South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this challenging position you will be responsible for the finance activities of our Swiss presence in Zurich. You will also assist with tasks in the other Switzerland entities and potentially in other countries, as a member of the Global Accounting team.
As the local Senior Accounting Specialist you will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders across South Pole and also external stakeholders to ensure reporting is complete in a timely fashion.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit the monthly and yearly financial reporting pack and management accounts for the local entities
- Manage accounts receivable and credit control
- Manage Accounts Payable and Working capital management
- Balance sheet account management and reconciliation
- Manage Banking Cash books and cash flow forecasts
- Coordinate with the Global Tax team the billing, review and reconciliation of intercompany recharges
- Ensure full local taxation compliance with the completion and submission of mandatory local direct and indirect tax returns
- Collaborate with Group Accounting Team on various global finance projects
- Document all accounting procedures and ensure they are in alignment with Group policies
- In coordination with the Global Tax team and the local consultants implement transfer pricing policy and procedures together with the review and submission
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance or Accounting equivalent
- Relevant experience in international accounting and finance
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and fluent in English
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Able to work closely in a diverse team, but also independently, able to liaise effectively with stakeholders within the organization
- Experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm is a plus
- IFRS experience
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.