South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this challenging position you will be supporting the global finance in the Shared Service department on projects and inventory activities of the South Pole Group as a member of the Global Accounting team.
As the Senior Accountant you will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders across South Pole to ensure reporting is completed in a timely fashion.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Project cost profitability analysis and accounting
- IFRS 15, revenue recognition on contract assets and contract Liabilities
- Managing Accrued purchases and offsetting
- Build and maintain inventory dashboards for South Pole’s carbon credits across all the legal entities of the Group and all the credits types
- Inventory planning and analysis and forecasting
- Daily monitoring of inventory requirements and reconciliation between systems and local ERP’s, working closely with the Procurement and Trading and Registry team
- Implementation of procedures and controls to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained and demand is met
- Recommend strategies to improve inventory turnover and avoid devaluation of older carbon credits vintages
- Responsible for inventory valuation at market value and impairment
- Working closely with the Sourcing team to include overview of expected future credits
- Working closely with the Portfolio team to optimise customer offering and profitability for South Pole
- Ensure intercompany transfer of stock are done according to the transfer prices policy for both existing legal entities as well as newly acquired ones
- Manage the yearend inventory audit requests
- Prepare and submit the Global monthly inventory analysis
- Inventory balance sheet reconciliations
- Collaborate with Group Accounting Team on various global finance projects
- Document and adhere to all accounting procedures and ensure they are in alignment with Group policies
- Monitoring Inventory processing transactions of the accounting team
- Implementation and management of the Inventory policy
- Monthly Management and statutory accounts reporting
- CA and several years operational experience
- IFRS 15 Knowledge and experience in implementation;
- Relevant experience in international accounting and finance
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and fluent in English
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Able to work closely in a diverse team, but also independently, able to liaise effectively with stakeholders within the organization
- Experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm is a plus
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.