South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Are you a driven person with a thirst for achieving great results for a company with a purpose? We are currently looking into expanding our team with a Business Developer Manager to further strengthen our leading position in sustainability and climate change. You will have the incredible opportunity to develop our business in the region, identifying and assessing new business opportunities to strengthen our leading market position. You will focus on the acquisition of new corporate clients and maintain a good
relationship with the existing ones. If you are an enthusiastic and dynamic sustainability professional with relevant experience in business development, client relationship management and sustainability solutions, then we are looking for you.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Grow business by winning new clients
- Understand market trends, a client needs and identify business opportunities
- Develop compelling proposals together with our product experts and consultants
- Conclude commercial agreements with clients and partners
- Maintain client satisfaction by ensuring high-quality services
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, conferences and trade shows
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the go-to-market strategy
- Provide inputs for product & service development
- Contribute to the sustainable commercial success of the team and the company
- Instill pride in the South Pole brand, inspire team members
- A university degree, ideally at Masters level
- Solid business development and sales experience with a track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Several years of work experience in the field of sustainability (renewable energy or carbon markets), corporate responsibility, sustainable development and/or climate change
- Understanding of the business drivers behind corporate climate actions and initiatives (eg SBT, RE100, carbon neutrality) and the ability to formulate a business case
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and sense of urgency
- Ability to challenge the status quo and think out of the box
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills with strong business and commercial acumen
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Experienced working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English and Swedish (other Scandinavian languages would be a plus)
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.