South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this challenging position you will be preparing monthly management reporting packs for different European South Pole entities. Reporting to the Head of Finance EU, the Accounting specialist will have complete ownership of the SP local entity corporate function activities.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit the monthly financial reporting pack and management accounts for the local entity
- Prepare and submit year end entity’s reporting pack to South Pole Group Consolidation team accurately and on time, in line with IFRS;
- Full management and control of entity payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ensure full local taxation compliance with the completion and submission of mandatory local direct and indirect tax returns;
- Key contact for external auditors.
- Collaborate with Group Accounting Team on various ad hoc global finance projects.
- Ensure regular reconciliations are made in the UK for both intercompany and within local entities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance or Accounting is desirable
- Relevant experience in diverse international accounting and finance
- Experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm is a plus
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and fluent in English
- Excellent IT skills (experience with Quickbooks would be beneficial)
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Used to working closely in a diverse team, but also independently, able to liaise effectively with stakeholders within the organization
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.