South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Managing Consultant, Comms Strategy is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to international, regional and/or local clients on sustainability topics for the corporate and public sector. You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of proposals on communications mandates and strategies and for the implementation of projects, for which you will supervise project teams of varying sizes. You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as the main point of contact for the client. In addition, you may lead the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise large/complex consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our international, regional and local clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals with the Key Account Management team and regularly generate own leads, actively contributing to the business development activities of the company.
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in the development of proposals for the corporate and public sector on comms strategy and implementation of advisory projects, as well as lead their technical review.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Lead and directly manage small teams of consultants in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
Contribute to the development of South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings
- University degree, ideally at master’s level or higher, in a communications or sustainability-related field
- Practical experience in communications consulting, stakeholder engagement and change management
- Relevant knowledge of communications – both from a strategic and an implementation perspective, as well as a robust understanding of brand impact strategy and stakeholder engagement
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 7 years), at least partly in corporate or strategic communications consulting
- Excellent technical project supervision skills and ability to guide project teams
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills, including ability to lead contract negotiations
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators, and other relevant stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables)
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
- Commercial skills and good business sense; with a proven ability to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Leadership and strategic management experience
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Practical experience in sustainability and/or climate strategy development
- Knowledge of corporate sustainability; environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies; awareness of current national and international policy developments about climate change and sustainable development
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Office (including Microsoft Teams)
- Diligent, reliable, and proactive
- Fully comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- A second language / language skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.