South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Marketing and Communications teams are the key ambassadors of our corporate brand. From overseeing the way in which we approach our clients and showcase our products and services, to positioning South Pole as a global thought leader in the fight for climate action, we sharpen and strengthen our brand positioning and multiply our impact in the market through our strong value proposition. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As the Associate Director, Performance Marketing you will establish a robust direct marketing capability to grow the impact of our leading Climate Solutions. You will champion the development of digital lead generation techniques to accelerate the sales cycle across all of our channels and regions. You will be responsible for scaling our capabilities to deliver meaningful contributions to business development whilst ensuring that the cost of acquisitions remains aligned with our business strategy.
As a commercially driven marketing director, you will drive performance metrics across all channels and regions and create a framework to show the digital funnel and prioritise the optimisation activities. This is an exciting role which would suit an accomplished marketer with a strong digital backbone and solid commercial sense. This is a strategically important role and as you demonstrate success will shape and develop the team to deliver further value.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Design and implement an effective performance marketing capability including client journey, digital assets and funnel optimisation mapping backlog
- Responsible for managing digital marketing and introducing new formats to the channel mix using paid social channels
- Lead improvement of campaign-specific results and marketing's commercial performance
- Responsible for the global performance budget with responsibility for ensuring this is allocated to support strategic and regional requirements
- Deliver a roadmap to increase leads whilst also ensuring lead conversion to achieve business targets
- Allocation of budgets, targeting and segmentation, evaluation of the performance of each channel, and forecasting the performance of campaigns
- Degree in relevant subject
- Extensive experience and strong track record of delivering and optimising commercial marketing campaigns through digital channels, with offline experience a helpful addition
- Confident, data driven analytical thinker able to make decisions quickly to drive lead growth
- Clear understanding of digital marketing techniques and experience of deploying these for a complex portfolio, preferable in a B2B environment
- Ability to challenge convention and lead others to achieve new ways of working
- Inspiring manager and comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic international environment
- Fluent in English
- Valid work authorisation
- Experience of working on service based solutions and in a B2B sector
- Demonstrable knowledge of environmental and sustainability topics
- Ability to think laterally to take a new approach to do things and achieve culture change would be a benefit
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.