South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Our Corporate Services (CoS) team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations.
This role has the following purpose: coordinate and participate in the quality check process (e.g. proofreading key client reports) in order to maximize process efficiency and quality of content.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Champion best-in-class QC/proofreading services
- Reinforce the use of corporate style guides and editorial guidelines across the business
- Support with the recruiting, training and management of external proofreaders
- Develop and deliver training to consultants to improve their writing and formatting skills
- Provide constructive feedback to consultants on their written work and strive for continuous
- Improvement of quality
- Approve the invoices for external QCers
- Be the in-house, go-to person for proofreading the most strategic business deliverables:
- Conduct the proofreading of high-value documents (proposals, reports and other deliverables) to be submitted to clients, including language check and formatting
- Provide constructive feedback to the consultants on their deliverables and strive for continuous improvement of the quality level
- Continuously update and improve South Pole’s text templates and company-wide documentation, in line with the corporate style guide
- Support South Pole's enablement engine
- Help coordinate key strategic projects
- Help to run related operational processes
- Complete ad-Hoc tasks quickly and effectively
- Extensive experience in quality checking / proofreading
- Experience in coordinating simple but important processes
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Working proficiency in an language other than English
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.