South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Carbon Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits. By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The Carbon Inventory Manager is responsible for the internal and external (carbon credit registries) organization and tracking of South Pole’s carbon credit inventory. This role will lead in managing South Pole’s carbon inventory from a technical perspective and will be responsible for coordinating and communicating the inventory information across the organization, most notably with the rest of the Portfolio team, the Data team, and the Finance teams. The position will be supported by junior data-focused team members but will be ultimately responsible for working with the lead of Portfolio Management to make strategic business decisions based on the inventory information.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Inventory Tracking and Maintenance
- Maintain accurate inventory balances
- Manage internal processes to automate registry volume checks
- Conduct monthly inventory volume reconciliation with external carbon registries
- Work with Project Development Coordinator to track soon-to-be-issued credits
- Work with the Data team on the 10 year-future issuance forecast, including upkeep, timeliness and accuracy
- Create a bulk issuance strategy of credits based on expected sales and costs that mitigates delivery risks
- Manage the pre-sales file to provide forecast data to the team.
- Work with the Data Team to design and implement analytics dashboards (Tableau).
- Internal Coordination
- Finance and Accounting
- Support any year-end audit requests related to inventory valuation.
- Minimum stock level maintenance in accordance with Finance
- Support the inventory turnover strategy
- Manage delivery dashboards and tool maintenance
- Coordinate with Data & Insights team to create new tools and procedures to increase efficiency
- Digital Climate Solutions
- Support the Salesforce Marketplace with inventory data and coordination as necessary
- Automated sales solutions support (e.g. CPQ)
- Online webshop support
- Support & represent inventory topics in bi-weekly steering committee meetings
- Support the procurement and trading team with tasks such as issuance, registry checks or closing milestones
- Comfortable in leading the strategic direction for a team to continuously increase efficiency and effectiveness of the Portfolio team
- Comfortable working in a nascent team to lead on strategic tasks and priorities that will evolve over time
- Comfortable working in an international position that works with teams across all regions and time zones
- Technical proficiency in managing data sets
- Strategic business acumen
- Higher-level accounting familiarity (inventory valuation, audits)
- Experience working directly with third-party carbon standard registries (Gold Standard, Verra, CDM)
- Experience working with Tableau
- Experience managing direct reporting lines
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.