South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The newly created Head of Enterprise Architecture role is responsible for advising, contributing to and setting the direction of travel for all elements of the technology at South Pole. Thus, this role spans our customer-facing digital products and platforms, our customer engagement solutions and our corporate back-office solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the successful candidate will bring deep expertise across multiple technology product suites, including Salesforce, Tier1 ERPs, and Digital Experience Platforms as well as exceptional experience in software product engineering, data and integration solutions.
You will engage across all areas of the business, providing strategic technology input for key business stakeholders, and the Technology team as we invest and build our digital organisation.
This exciting opportunity will suit an individual who is enthused and equipped to own enterprise architecture for the entire organisation. Spanning early stage innovation, product code and data review and governance, integrations, and buy / build product decisions, this role demands a seasoned operator who isn’t afraid of drilling into detail, but can also communicate with the highest levels of the organisation.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Build, set, socialise and maintain the technology architecture for South Pole
- Provide an appropriate Architectural governance framework - fit for a global scale-up of over 1000 employees.
- Deliver market-scanning, emerging tech and product landscape insights to Technology and Digital product teams.
- Align with business priorities and development roadmaps to assist the correct prioritisation of product initiatives, change projects and technology issues.
- Engage, mandate and course-correct as required, at all stages of product roadmaps, and project timelines.
- Substantial contributor to the upcoming major technology programmes in ERP and Customer Engagement.
- Guide build/buy, code, low-code decision-making, focusing on re-use, and minimising duplication
- Provide early identification of operational efficiency opportunities, as well as supporting revenue-generating initiatives
- Drive innovative ideas, solutions and products for the business through leadership and decisive action.
- Enable strong working relationships with Business Unit staff, your Digital Product and Technology colleagues
- Partner with engineering and product teams to enable, accelerate and position software products in the South Pole ecosystem
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
- An extensive solid experience over a career of relevant is essential, and at least 5 years in similar or related roles
- Demonstrable ownership responsibilities for enterprise architecture in a similarly-sized global organisation
- Robust analysis and commercial mindset, pragmatic and engaged operating style.
- Substantial technology experience, including software development, data engineering, security and integration. Allied to extensive packaged application knowledge, eg CRM, ERP, DXP
- Excellent low-ego, frictionless operating style, which is backed up by a strong evidence-led way of working, and the ability to reach and maintain a shared architectural vision.
- Evidence of positive interactions with multi-geography and multidisciplinary teams in a matrix environment.
- Charismatic engagement with senior leadership
- High energy levels, combined with an ability to keep the strategic focus, whilst retaining the comprehension and understanding of the detailed components.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.