South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As Community Lead for Paris, you will be responsible for the overall management and administration of our local office, and more importantly, be the heartbeat of the office - bringing a dynamic and lively approach to support our growing team. As a Community Lead, you will directly report to the Regional Workplace Lead and dotted line to the Office Director. The Community Lead aims to enhance the workplace and community experience of the entire team through enthusiastically and proactively providing administrative support, implementing new team initiatives, and supporting our close-knit team. Make this role your own! This is a position that requires someone who is comfortable working on practical and administrative issues, as well as engaging the community and creating a fun office space for our employees.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Proactively facilitate team bonding activities both face-to-face and remotely: bring the know-how and engage the team to meet / connect / have lots of fun together at a regular cadence (preparing an events calendar is one way to go about it)
- Ensure that our new starters feel welcome and get introduced to other people in the office, not only their own teams
- Take them to the welcome lunch or make sure they have one with their own team
- Work with the office director and head of global workplace to monitor office utilisation & team growth, identify opportunities for office expansion or move
- Collaborate with the global workplace team to to develop and incorporate office policies
- Help implement and monitor local office sustainability initiatives and data
- Ensure we are on top of local health and safety standards and seek to improve existing procedures we have in place
- Oversee office resources and keep on top of office supplies to always promote an office environment meeting various working needs and requirements
- Monitor office spend by preparing monthly reports and office budgets
- Maintain a continuous feedback loop with your community members to improve the community’s activities and discover input for content to stay relevant
- Warmly welcome our clients and other visitors to the office
- This is not a standard administrative role where you need to cover the practical side of the office management
- We are looking for passionate people who enjoy building relations, getting connected to people and creating an atmosphere of fun!
- Ability to clearly articulate your viewpoint to all of our community members.
- Proficiency in French and English is a must, and any other European / Local language
- Excellent communication skills to engage effectively with team members and external suppliers
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and initiative! Entrepreneurial spirit and commercial-minded
- Passion for environmental issues and understanding of sustainability, CSR and related topics
- Experience of office management, event planning or other community based positions
- Basic understanding of health and safety requirements
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.