South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The transformation to a net-zero emissions economy requires private companies to set ambitious climate targets and engage in bold climate action. The purpose of this leadership role is to create environmental impact and drive South Pole’s business in France, but also Belgium and Luxemburg, some of the fastest-growing markets of the Climate Solutions business line. You will join the FraBeLux region, the South Pole’s name for the region covering France, Belgium and Luxemburg, with 2 offices based in Brussels and Paris and more than 60 collaborators out of the 1.000 employees working for the whole South Pole group. You will oversee our business activities in the region, with a primary focus on business development and key account management. You will establish the regional go-to-market strategy, define the annual budget and be accountable for the business performance of FraBeLux. You will also work in close collaboration with our regional and global marketing and implementation teams to develop our solutions and seize new opportunities. To achieve this, you will lead, develop, and inspire our multifaceted and passionate regional teams to deliver strong value to all our clients and to advance the climate agenda with impact and pride in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Strategy: Lead and drive South Pole’s Business development in FraBeLux by defining and implementing the regional go-to-market strategy and ensuring South Pole has the resources and ability to deliver the environmental impact and commercial results
- Team development: Directly lead, develop and inspire the regional team of business development and key account managers to ensure they deliver to their fullest potential. In addition, you also provide business guidance for regional marketing and implementation teams by providing inputs to recruitment, target setting and performance evaluations
- Business Development: keep growing South Pole’s market presence in FraBeLux by driving and guiding the identification and creation of new business opportunities, design and rollout of regional marketing activities, negotiation and closure of deals with existing and new clients, and the coordination of deliverables with our implementation teams
- Client experience: Ensure a smooth and inspiring client experience, from the first contact until the successful delivery of our solutions by partnering closely with all of South Pole’s functional teams, such as marketing, implementation, and post-sales
- Solutions Development: Contribute to the improvement and development of existing and new solutions by translating and providing client and market feedback to the marketing and implementation team
- Budget Responsibility: Establish the annual regional annual budget of the Climate Solutions business line in close collaboration with the Regional Head of Climate Strategy and the Practice Leaders and be accountable for the financial performance of the region
- Commercial Accountability: Ensure sound commercial judgment by taking accountability for the conclusion of business agreements with clients and business partners in the region
- Lead & Inspire: Represent South Pole in meetings, events, and conferences and inspire clients, partners and employees to accelerate the fight against climate change
- Strong drive and desire to help solve one of the world’s biggest challenges - climate change - with compelling, scientifically robust and commercially sound solutions
- University degree in Environmental Sciences, Business or other relevant disciplines
- Senior commercial or business development leader with at least 10 years of relevant experience of which at least 5 years in a people management capacity
- Working experience in sustainability, or at least a strong understanding of the most important drivers for corporate climate action
- Sound knowledge of at least one of the following fields: carbon markets, renewable energy, corporate responsibility, sustainable development or climate change
- Strong business acumen and proven track record in relationship building and negotiation with clients, and relevant business associations
- Experience in strategy development, execution, management and budget setting
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to inspire action and get the best out of people
- Proven track record of managing cross-functional, high-performing and diverse teams and achieving strong results through them
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills to build relationships and partner effectively with both clients as well as internal stakeholders
- Experience in scaling up a fast-growing team in the context of a highly competitive market environment
- Experience in senior consultancy work
- Existing network with large companies in FraBeLux
- Strong quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to draw conclusions and inform decisions
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.