South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Operations Specialist is to support the Climate Solutions team in Frabelux with operations planning and reporting matters, to enable the region’s organizational efficiency and effective teamwork. In this role, you will be accountable for providing operational support to the regional leadership as well as to our Consultancy, Sales, and Marketing teams in Frabelux,. This includes a broad variety of responsibilities such as implementing and refining operational processes, improving and developing new tools (with a high emphasis on Team Leader Orbit and SalesForce), compiling reports and data, controlling projects, and delivering onboarding activities.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Work with regional head and regional consulting lead to staff consulting projects in Frabelux
- Manage learning and use of Team Leader Orbit and its data synchronization with SalesForce so that customer relations, capacity planning and reporting are efficiently managed
- Conduct checks in the internal project management tool to ensure the information is complete and accurate, and follow-up with the teams when needed
- Assist in managing and continuously improving the CRM system, processes, and tools
- Coordinate staff training and the processes and tools onboarding of new team members
- Support the development and implementation of knowledge management and decision-making platforms to facilitate the steering of a growing regional team
- Prepare reports compiling business results (KPIs) Run business analyses as needed and be a sparring partner for the Climate Solutions Frabelux leadership team
- A university degree, ideally in Business Administration, Political Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, or related disciplines
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 3 years) conducting administrative tasks effectively
- Ability to identify gaps and design/enhance processes and tools to address them, with a taste for efficiency increase
- Taste for and experience with highly-detailed and hands-on tasks
- Good controlling and organisation skills to ensure proper use of processes and tools
- Experience in working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Good organisational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritise.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a rapidly evolving environment
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach
- Strong organisational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal relationships skills, enjoy working with and supporting others
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French
- Experience working in an international and multicultural context
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.