South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a People Services Specialist, you report to the People Services Manager EMEA and support the region in executing all global People processes covering the full employee life-cycle. You are responsible for all People operations in your region and ensure all key People & Culture policies and procedures are understood and implemented. This position offers the opportunity to get involved in a variety of People activities such as onboarding, global mobility, performance management, benefits administration, offboarding, etc. In addition, you have the opportunity to participate in People process improvements, People policies design and implementation, provide insights to People metrics/analytics, and get involved in HRIS improvements.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage the entire employee lifecycle from the onboarding to the leaver process
- Be the first point of contact for our employees in Germany and answer any people-related questions
- Support and coordinate any work permits or visa applications for employees in South Africa Support other EMEA countries on an ad-hoc basis
- Manage all employee benefits such as pension funds, life insurance, service awards, and any other benefits available in Germany
- Participate in Penguin Experience committees and support the implementation of new benefits in your region such as gym memberships, meal vouchers, etc.
- Prepare payroll on a monthly basis with the support of our local vendor
- Maintain and update our People policies and procedures
- Provide guidance and training to our employees on new people processes and/or tools in partnership with Senior People Specialists
- Support people process improvements to ensure maximum efficiency for our team and a better experience for our employees
- Participate in people initiatives and global or regional people projects such as GDPR, Right to Work, People Services Team events, etc.
- Degree in Business Administration, HR or similar
- At least 1 or 2 years, work experience in the field of Human Resources
- Knowledge of English and German is a must
- Knowledge of labor law in Germany
- Advanced office application skills, especially in Microsoft Excel / Google Suite
- Previous experience with a HR information system, such as Hibob, is a plus
- Previous experience with a ticketing systems such as JIRA is a plus
- Attention to detail
- Have good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication Is a team-player
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced multicultural environment
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.