South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
South Pole is a fast growing complex multinational organisation, and a business which is helping to solve climate change, one of the largest problems the world faces today. As such we are growing fast as we support an increasing number of clients in their ambition to reach net zero.
To enable our continued growth, a project to implement a Global Business Platform (ERP) has commenced - to understand the core business requirements, and work towards a solution selection and implementation.
To lead this work, we are hiring a Senior Project Manager to be responsible for the overall timeline and business outcomes. The role will require strong organisational and communication skills to ensure wide team collaboration - with both internal and external teams. This should be based on thorough implementation experience of ERP Tier 1 platforms, across similar medium to large sized multinational groups - which have included complex integrations to other softwares platforms.
This is an exciting, dynamic and crucial position, owning a project which is closely aligned to South Pole’s continued scalability and growth, within a fast-paced company and industry.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Project manage ERP implementation across global South Pole group
- Manage internal/external teams from across the business, owning timelines and achievement of required outcomes
- Support the on-going ERP selection process, and setting up of the teams to perform the implementation
- Assist in defining strategy of ERP go-live - including phasing of developments, communications, training and transition to BAU/on-going support
- Define and track project objectives and benefits while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Lead 3+ full ERP implementations of Tier 1 solutions (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics), within medium to large size groups, including multiple legal entities globally
- Experience working with multiple revenue streams, including direct and indirect channels
- 10+ years Project Management experience in enterprise systems, including implementations
- Project Management certification such as PRINCE2 or PMP
- Successful involvements with integrations between ERP platforms and other systems
- Proactive, team leader, focused on project deliverables
- Able to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines, involving internal and external teams
- Successful conflict resolution and timeline management
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties
- Change Management experience company-wide for similar complex projects, impacting multiple stakeholder groups, as an ERP project
- Ability to understand and influence technical and business stakeholders at differing levels in the organisation
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
- Qualified Accountant or strong functional accounting experience/knowledge
- Experience working within Professional Services and Product-based businesses
- Assisted in digital transformation of prior companies’ solutions/product catalogue
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.