South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The Head of Corporate Services, Colombia takes ownership of all administrative and operational matters related to our Corporate Services in Colombia. This entails a broad and diverse range of responsibilities, covering local legal representation, office budget management, contracts approval, overseeing accounting and transfer pricing, office management, compliance, safety and security, etc. Through your leadership, you will inspire our multifaceted teams to deliver strong value to the business and to advance the climate agenda with impact and pride.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the good functioning of the Medellin and Bogotá offices, covering administrative functions, legal representation, as well as owning the local office budget, planning and optimizing office expenditures, and leading, providing guidance and support to the Colombian regional team
- Review and sign statutory and legal documentation, such as tax declarations, local employment agreements, office lease, payroll, bank transactions, customer and supplier contracts, and other documentation or transactions that require legal signatures
- Directly manage the local administration team, and oversee quality and accuracy in accounting, finance matters, transfer pricing, RUP, tax compliance, office rental management, chamber of commerce documentation, issues related to SuperSociedades, DIAN etc
- Oversee local HR compliance (foreigner 's registry, Comité de Convivencia, Ley 2069 (Home office / teletrabajo), SENA interns/trainees, etc.)
- Represent South Pole leadership locally and provide vision, direction and guidance to the local team, creating a sense of belonging and a good team spirit
- Raise any issues, requests and/or concerns to the relevant people (office manager, HR, accounting, unit directors or other relevant person depending on the type of situation) and follow up to make sure they get addressed appropriately
- Intervene and mediate in case of conflict between people, ensure complaints are addressed in a timely and efficient manner, and manage team morale
- Ensure that the office is a healthy, safe, and friendly environment that allows employees to perform at their best. Promote a good working atmosphere. Ensure that the working conditions are optimal and conducive of good performance
- In charge of setting up and managing the Board of Directors meetings (held ordinarily every two months)
- Represent South Pole in relevant committees, associations or working groups, such as ANDI, German-Colombian Chamber of Commerce, and assess relevance of memberships going forward
- Approve HSSE policy, and manages external HSSE consultant
- Oversee security policies and consultants and associated measures
- University degree in business administration, finance, or other relevant discipline or MBA
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in fields related to general operations management, with a broad and diverse exposure to several of the following disciplines: process and policies, risk management, facilities management, health and safety, security, HR, IT, finance, accounting, legal, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Colombian legislation and local reporting requirements with
- Responsibility of the overall statutory and regulatory compliance of the Colombian entities
- Outstanding leadership skills with proven experience managing cross-functional, diverse teams across a broad range of disciplines
- A person who can lead on change and create a compelling vision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to partner effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Innovative and resourceful mindset, who is able to challenge the status quo, bring new ideas and implement creative solutions to increase the efficiency and productivity of our teams
- Advanced skills and accountability in successfully establishing goals and KPIs, as well as defining and managing resources accordingly (budgets, timelines, people, etc.)
- Comfortable operating globally in a fast-paced international environment
- Proficient in English writing and speaking skills
- Knowledge in Health and Safety regulations (SG-SST) and experience managing an SG-SST system
- Knowledge in what the legal representation entitles
- Experience with contracts (administrative)
- Good level of self-organization and ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and initiative
- High on energy and enthusiasm
- You will be highly organised with an eye for detail, will be experienced in managing and motivating a team and ensuring the smooth running of a busy organisation
- Proven experience in delivering results and effective decision making
- A team player who is approachable, dedicated and hardworking
- A passionate, dynamic and committed leader
- Experience in SAGRILAFT implementation and maintenance
- Experience and knowledge in Insurance policies issuance and management of relationships with insurance brokers
- Experience in procurement process
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.