South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Digital & Data Science team helps our clients and South Pole design and execute the most ambitious and scalable climate impact initiatives whilst reducing the administrative effort to zero. Our unique track record of running projects across the globe and delivering verified, high quality carbon credits provides us with valuable data we can leverage to identify new, high impact initiatives. We help companies on a day-to-day basis to drive their carbon neutral strategies with their customers, suppliers and their employees through analytics and sustainability software solutions. If you have the skills, ambition and drive to use the best of digital and AI to protect ecosystems, restore forests, drive sustainable agriculture, and enable climate zero journeys across the globe then please apply or register your interest now!
As part of the Digital Climate Solutions team, you will own one of three products core to our digital business strategy.
As we are at the start of significantly growing our portfolio of services, you will be in a unique position to support the product development from feature inception through to launch and onwards, in the process you will get the chance to define what Product Management means for climate action.
You will be a key part of turning world-class expertise in climate action, gained by a global team of consultants working with Fortune 500 companies and industrial leaders, into digital products.
This with the ambition to become the platform of choice for companies to reach their net-zero goals. The ambition is to build the climate platform that any software company can use to integrate climate action and insights into their solutions. Customers are software companies, in-house development teams and web agencies. We have already invested significantly in building the functionality that we need to serve our clients across different industries.
Besides our commitment to continue to build the best carbon accounting engines, our next phase is to understand the specific needs of our target segments and build our technology around their needs. This may range from supporting experts with the insights to prioritise reduction strategies or to support our SME customers with an automated and guided experience.
As the market is growing rapidly and the climate crisis requires us to move fast, the ideal candidate must be able to own their product's roadmap and effectively communicate it and its changes to a variety of stakeholders.
You need to have a proven track record in managing digital products and thrive in a fast paced environment where change is constant.
You will work closely with developers, marketing, customer success, and leadership teams using agile methodologies where all roles collaborate to complete each unit of work. This means communication, and interpersonal skills are at the top of our list.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Ready to take ownership of our digital products. Work day to day with developers and design to support their work with user stories, feature requirements, user research, user testing, and key stakeholders
- Meet with users and stakeholders to discuss product requirements and validate product roadmap
- Work closely with other product managers to manage joint Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), and coordinate roadmap updates
- Define key operational metrics and establish a process to track progress and report regularly on these metrics, including adoption and user satisfaction.
- Foster collaboration within the team, across the organisation, and throughout the product life cycle
- Coordinate an effective internal product communication and information delivery across all products and partner areas. Identify and prioritise roadmap milestones to unblock adoption and increase customer satisfaction
- Extensive experience as a product owner
- Experience working with developers in building and shipping technical products
- Experience working with designers and other product managers to research and test product features to make sure we ship what our users actually care about
- Experience creating product roadmaps from conception to launch, driving the product vision, helping to define go-to-market strategy, and leading design and research discussions
- Experience working on SaaS products Eagerness to learn about new technologies and tackle new climate solution specific problems
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
- Experience with GraphQL (preferably Apollo) and knowledge of building pleasant APIs
- Experience in the Climate Solutions industry
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.