South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability
solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities.
Our climate solutions inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Since 2020, we have set up teams in Paris and formed a regional organisation
dedicated to customers in France, Belgium, and Luxembourg, following the merger with the Belgian climate advisory firm CO2logic.
Our Climate Strategies Consultancy team partners with corporate leaders in
sustainability. Wherever our clients are on their climate journey, we provide them with unique and unparalleled technical expertise. Our success relies on deep knowledge, trust, and accountability - we inspire climate action every step of the way!
The goal of the Managing Consultant is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to clients in France, Belgium, and Luxemburg on sustainability topics for the corporate sector.
You will be accountable for the development and management of proposals on agriculture supply chain strategies and water stewardship and for the implementation of projects for which you will supervise small project teams.
You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as a point of contact for the client.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise large/complex consulting mandates throughout their
entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring,
controlling and closure
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality
- Interact and build relationships with our regional clients and manage the
timely delivery of mandates
- Develop proposals with the Key Account Management team, actively
contributing to the business development activities of the company
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in developing proposals for
the corporate sector on agricultural supply chains and lead their technical
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and
services offered by South Pole
- Directly manage small project teams of 2-3 consultants in a
- Topics of engagement may include sustainability and corporate supply chain
risks, focusing on climate, water, and forests in agricultural supply chains
- University degree, ideally at a master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field like Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Agronomy, or related disciplines
- Relevant knowledge of environmental sustainability challenges, especially
with integrating sustainability in supply chains and agriculture
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 5 years) in
sustainability consulting or related fields, focusing on climate, water and
forests in agricultural supply chains
- Excellent project management skills, from both a technical and
administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing
high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables)
- Excellent stakeholder and client management practices
Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Industry-relevant connections with a network of potential clients,
collaborators, and other relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrable good business sense to identify and seize opportunities in a
challenging and competitive environment
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French
- Good working knowledge of all MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google
- Engaged personally or professionally in action against climate change
- Diligent, reliable, proactive, and self-sufficient but collaborative approach to work
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Advanced prioritisation and time management skills
- Practical experience in:
- Monitoring and quantification of environmental impacts along the
supply chain on climate, water, and forests -with agricultural
- Sustainable procurement, change management and sustainability
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.