South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Marketing and Communications teams are the key ambassadors of our corporate brand. From overseeing the way in which we approach our clients and showcase our products and services, to positioning South Pole as a global thought leader in the fight for climate action, we sharpen and strengthen our brand positioning and multiply our impact in the market through our strong value proposition. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
At South Pole, we continue to grow at pace and the Digital Climate Solutions practice is continuing to build on their successes to date. We are now looking for an experienced social media specialist, who can become the go-to person for social media activities related to our practice’s climate action software solutions. The successful candidate will work closely with the marketing & content managers, content specialists to support the growth, the visibility and the engagement and the positive customer experience. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic content producer interested in teaching the world about climate action, we would love to hear from you! Please share samples of social media channels that you’ve managed/created content for.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the marketing, content and communication specialists to deliver content social media that motivates, inspires, educates, informs, sells our climate action software in both English and German.
- Schedule posts and maintain social media channels.
- Comfortable being on camera for social media videos.
- Editing video content for social media.
- Support marketing team with events and other initiatives
- You have a relevant degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or Media Production.
- You have relevant work experience as a social media content creator, preferably at a sustainable brand or agency working for sustainable processes.
- You have video editing experience for social media.
- You can demonstrate experience managing social media communities across multiple platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, Tiktok, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- You have the ability to develop engaging short form content for a wide range of audiences who need to understand the impact of climate action.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced international environment.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high level of attention to detail The ability to work under pressure, and balance multiple workloads concurrently.
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach.
- A customer-centric mindset with an understanding of how to translate product marketing content to social media channels.
- You can speak English and German fluently in a professional environment.
- Experience in a global company working across multiple countries, languages and markets Internships within sustainability companies 3rd party digital marketing agency management experience.
- Experience with Salesforce / Pardot environment UX and UI design experience.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.