South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Following its successful establishment, the company is undergoing dynamic further development, which opens up challenging and interesting prospects. Together we secure compliance with local and international laws and reporting standards; we assure that accounting processes are efficient and that tax compliance meets business needs. We’re a diverse group of people driven by providing reliable financial data to a wide variety of stakeholders.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Handle general ledger tasks for Swiss entities independently
- Bookkeeping reconciliation of accounts verification of financial data
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities
- Reconciliation of social security insurances
- Providing Swiss VAT settlement tax declaration for the Swiss entities
- Contributor in producing monthly management reports
- Additional responsibilities as identified.
- Chartered Specialist in Accounting and Financial Management, Federal Diploma of Higher Education or undergoing training
- Several years relevant work experience
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Advanced computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel Fluent in both English and German
- Team player and able to work independently as well
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.