South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a member of our Finance team, you are fully responsible for the process of Accounts Payable (AP) and the Accounts Receivable (AR) for the Group within the Shared Service department. In coordination with other South Pole employees across the globe, you ensure accurate and timely management of all related transactions. The position stands out by the possibility to learn on the job and the ability to gain new skills as you grow in your role. In addition, you assist in closings, are involved in specific accounting projects and collaborate in process improvements, amongst others. Join us to become part of our motivated and diverse team of finance experts.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage approval process of incoming supplier invoices - Process supplier invoices in our ERP
- Review and reimburse expenses reports
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Coordinate daily business and specific projects with employees around the globe Administer accounts receivables process independently
- Collaboration in the dunning process
- Liaise with Project Managers on various client matters
- Deputy for the Accounts Payable specialist and office manager
- Actively support the finance team with monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Liaising with, performing analysis for and preparation of documentation to management, external auditors and other stakeholders.
- Diploma in business, Finance or Accounting is desirable;
- Relevant experience in international accounting and finance;
- Relevant experience in the field of Accounting
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Good communication skills and fluent in English;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail;
- Able to work closely in a diverse team, but also independently, able to liaise effectively with stakeholders within the organization.
- Experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm is a plus; - IFRS knowledge
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.