South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this challenging position you will be supporting the finance activities of our South African presence. You will also assist with tasks potentially in other countries, as a member of the Global Accounting team. As the local Accounting Specialist you will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders across South Pole and also external stakeholders to ensure reporting is completed in a timely fashion.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing and submit the monthly financial reporting pack and management accounts for the local entity;
- Processing of accounts receivable and credit control;
- Processing of Accounts Payable and support for cash flow forecasts;
- Processing of transfers and payments;
- Reconciliation of cash books and balance sheet;
- Billing, and reconciliation of intercompany recharges;
- Collaborate with Group Accounting Team on various global finance projects;
- Document and adhere to all accounting procedures and ensure they are in alignment with Group policies;
- In coordination with the Global Tax team and the local consultants implement transfer pricing policy and procedures together with the review and submission.
- Support in VAT and PAYE and income tax fillings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance or Accounting is desirable.
- Relevant experience in international accounting and finance.
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication skills and fluent in English.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work closely in a diverse team, but also independently, able to liaise effectively with stakeholders within the organization.
- Experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm is a plus. - IFRS experience
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.