South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Operations Specialist is to support the regional team with operational matters in Southern Europe to ensure it can work in the most effective way. In this role, you will provide operational support to our Consultancy, Sales and Marketing teams, you will contribute to the onboarding process of our new employees. You will also be the focal point of contact for consultants, sales and marketing people to support them with operational issues and questions. In addition, you will be in charge of controlling projects in our internal project management tool and Salesforce.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support the regional team with operational questions and issues.
- Conduct checks in Antarctica, our internal project management tool, and Salesforce to ensure the information is complete and accurate, and follow-up with consultants and KAMs when needed.
- Lead the onboarding process of our new employees, through training on tools and processes, and through the organisation of onboarding gatherings.
- Conduct data analysis tasks, to analyse the metrics and results of the regional team, and organise the results in compelling presentations.
- Occasionally support global activities, such as maintaining and improving internal tools, processes and templates.
- A university degree, ideally in Business Administration, Political Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, or related disciplines.
- Relevant work experience conducting administrative tasks effectively.
- Experience in situations where attention to detail was required.
- Experience in working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context.
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies.
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach.
- Strong organisational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritise.
- Excellent personal relationships, enjoy working with and supporting others.
- Process-oriented, with a taste for efficiency increase.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Experience with formatting documents and using styles.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Good prioritisation and time management skills.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.