South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Head of Employment Law by providing accurate, relevant, and timely employment law advice to the People and Culture team in the EMEA region
- Work on and manage a variety of day-to-day employment law matters relating to South Pole, including reviewing, and drafting various employment related documentation
- Manage employment litigation and external counsel in line with internal policy
- Support the implementation and update of templates and playbooks for the Employment Legal team, including providing solutions to streamline internal processes and policies
- Collaborate with the Employment Legal team and the People and Culture team to promote legal, compliance and risk management best practices throughout South Pole
- Stay up to date with changes to employment legislation, rules and regulations.This is a hands-on role and you’ll be expected to handle significant and complex legal matters with short turnaround times.
- Degree in law
- Relevant employment law experience, similar in-house experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in working in the EMEA region
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and at least 1 other European language
- Sound understanding and knowledge of employment law with great judgement and ability to apply such knowledge in a pragmatic manner
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across HR and the business
- Ability to communicate complex legal issues and risks in terms that non-legal colleagues can understand
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-moving environment
- Strong accountability, initiative and decisiveness but also a desire to be challenged and to think outside the box
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.