South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Procurement Operations Administrator is to take an active role in the operational side of procurement administration. The Procurement & Trading (P&T) team works within the Climate Project business line focusing on maximising trading efficiency while bringing value and innovation to South Pole and a sustainable world. This exciting opportunity will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement Operations, providing support to the Sales Compliance team's business and trading opportunities for the compliance market to increase South Pole's presence in Latin America. As part of your role, you will be managing a wide variety of tasks, supporting the P&T`s teams activities, contributing to preparing contracts, and handling multiple projects, such as registry coordination. You contribute to providing a high-quality standard of South Pole’s services and solutions as well as understand their needs and develop tailor-made solutions with the support of senior managers.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support in the design and implementation of strategies to support a robust P&T operational needs
- Gather market intelligence working closely with the Sales and Marketing Director to analyse market trends, competitors and customer needs to ensure our offering is market-leading
- Using Procurement operational methods and tools, identify risks and opportunities throughout the pipeline and actively manage and deliver upon. This includes the refining and further development of the already existing P&T strategies.
- Coordinate and develop business proposals/tenders ensuring that individual clients’ needs are met through solution selling, strong acknowledgement of value proposition and product mix
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with internally at South Pole, partners, government agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders
- University degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economy or some other relevant discipline is required
- Experience of around 1-3 years in areas related to the environment and sustainability or a trading back office position is essential
- Excellent abilities in organisation, administration and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Experience working with teams in a truly global organisation
- Experience and results in a commercial background Excellent oral and written command of Spanish and English
- Detail-oriented, able to prioritise tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols
- Ability to work on diverse assignments, applying company policies, processes, and procedures to overcome a variety of issues/problems
- Solution oriented to be able to solve challenges independently, based on general instructions on new assignments or projects
- Ability to create high quality written documents (proposals and contracts) in Spanish & English
- Ability to carry out project administration tasks
- Experience in the forestry sector is highly desirable
- Experience in Trading Back office tasks would be desirable
- Research and analytical skills
- Project evaluation and monitoring including but not limited to budget tracking and financial forecasting
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.