South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this challenging position, you will be responsible for the Finance activities of our US presence. As a member of the Global Accounting team, you may also be counted on to assist with other existing or new entities. As the local Accounting Specialist, you will be responsible for coordinating with stakeholders across South Pole and external stakeholders to ensure reporting is complete in a timely fashion.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Process all A/P functions, including daily bookkeeping of processing invoices, initiating wires, etc.
- Process all A/R functions, including daily bookkeeping of cash receipts for earned revenue.
- Assist with close of the books monthly and maintain accurate and detailed records of all financial transactions, including booking/monitoring accrual entries and performing reconciliations
- Assist with financial reports and audit preparation
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis to support business operations
- BS or BA, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience or related internship
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong time management and attention to detail
- Previous Big 4 experience a plus
- CPA eligible a plus
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.