South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
You will be part of our consultancy implementation team responsible for providing our clients with credible advisory services. You would be leading the delivery and management of outstanding consultancy services based on our technical expertise. The aim of your role is , together with our subject matter expert team, to enable the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects.
Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise large and complex consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle from initiation to implementation
- Lead and directly manage small teams of consultants and technical experts.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South pole
- Build trusted relationships with our client base to serve them well along their climate journey.
- Lead the development of South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offering
- Significant number of years of experience in consulting with large international corporate clients - Management and strategic consulting experience is a clear advantage
- Proven project management skills - particularly implementation, and the ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geography context
- Team management skills and designing career development pathways
- Ability to foster standardisation of work processes and products within consulting
- Understand challenges in moving from manual to digital products within consulting
- Excellent writing skills, with expertise creating and reviewing high-quality proposals
- A business like mindset and a clear understanding of business models and its use
- Good stakeholder, relationship building and client management skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Personal passion for sustainability
- Diligent, reliable, proactive and self- sufficient but collaborative approach to work
- Fluent in English, and it is highly desired that you are fluent in at least one other language (relevant to the client base in your country of residence)
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.