South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
The Climate Investment team is responsible for developing and managing sustainable impact funds, as well as other facilities, vehicles and platforms for investments in climate action. Our scope of expertise covers a variety of topics related to sustainable land-use, low-carbon energy, climate-smart cities and/or clean technology, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In our Climate Investments business line, we manage a range of multi-stakeholder initiatives and impact-first funds, including some in APAC, that mobilise investments for climate actions. As the Director of Climate Investments in APAC you will develop a regional strategy, launch, market, set up and implement a family of climate investment initiatives in tight collaboration with the Business Line leader. You will also define and develop the positioning of Climate Investment APAC in line with South Pole’s overall vision and strategy including guiding and supervising a small regional team. You will take accountability for the quality as well as the commercial success of the regional initiatives and help South Pole to become a leading provider of sustainability solutions in the region.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead the structuring and establishment of new multi-stakeholder initiatives and funds in alignment with South Pole’s vision and strategy.
- Raise funding for new and existing regional initiatives by developing, building and nurturing long-term commercial relationships with clients from both the private and public sector.
- Supervise the management on operating ongoing mandates.
- Build and lead the regional Climate Investment team.
- Directly manage a team in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Provide guidance and technical leadership on carbon fund & investment management. Establish, manage and control the regional budget.
- Participate in strategic decisions at business line level as member of the Climate Investment Board.
- University degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field.
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 15 years) in technical or commercial roles focused on environmental markets or investments management within the sustainability field.
- Several years of business & people management experience, and profound understanding of climate action.
- Very strong network with relevant public and private stakeholders in APAC
- Experience in building, leading, mentoring and developing high-performing teams across geographies and cultures.
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to establish a compelling vision for the growth of our regional climate investment work, enabling South Pole to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment.
- Strong business acumen and business development skills, with the ability to understand the specific needs of our clients and translate these into effective mandate.
- Excellent commercial skills and strong business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work towards deadlines and with multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with specific experience in dealing with senior decision makers (such as C-Suite) and external stakeholders.
- National or holder of a valid permit
- Experience with investments in the land use and/or energy space in Asia.
- Practical experience in change management and sustainability strategy development.
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word / Excel.
- Diligent, reliable and proactive.
- Fully comfortable operating in a fast-paced high-growth international environment.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.