South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Junior Legal & Compliance Support Specialist to join our growing Legal & Compliance Team. The Junior Legal & Compliance Support Specialist will be instrumental to the success of the sales and contracting journey and will carry out a wide variety of tasks to help assist the contracts team and sales managers to prepare and effectively deliver contracts, proposals and coordinating deliveries on our contracts.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support legal counsels on day-to-day activities relating to contract approvals and sign-offs
- Perform quality and consistency checks on contracts in our internal system
- Support with drafting and reviewing documents and simpler agreements according to South Pole’s standard positions.
- Support the business by collating information and completing vendor onboarding forms and due diligence questionnaires as required by our business partners’ onboarding processes, as well as managing enquiries by clients.
- Perform KYC and due diligence checks of potential business partners to South Pole, according to South Pole’s internal processes.
- Generally support the operations of the Global Legal & Compliance team, participating in or handling global projects and new processes to be created
- Coordinate deliveries of contract obligations within a contract management tool.
- Being the focal point for EMEA business representing the Legal & Compliance Support team.
- Potential other related tasks to meet business needs
- Relevant work experience in an administrative/ contracts or sales support function.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Comfortable working on own initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Accuracy and precise attention to detail
- Prior working experience with CRM systems (particularly Salesforce)
- University degree in Pre-Law, Business, Administration (or similar)
- Professional proficiency in German and/or French
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.