South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
You will be responsible for growing business by winning new clients and expanding to new markets within the designated country, focusing on Carbon Offsetting and Renewable Energy Solutions as well as Consulting Solutions on Environmental Sustainability. You will be responsible for building South Pole’s presence in the DACH region. You will identify and assess market trends, business opportunities and growth potential. In coordination with the Country Manager and Head of region, you will be responsible for selecting employees to further grow our presence.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Provide critical inputs to the Country Manager to help define the regional go-to-market strategy and jointly develop local sales strategies
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to design local campaigns
- Manage a small team, including staff selection, training development, scheduling and ongoing professional development of employees in collaboration with the country manager, Head of region and HR Grow business by winning new clients independently
- Manage key accounts and strengthen client relationships Identify market trends, client needs and new business opportunities
- Develop compelling proposals together with the sales team and our product experts and consultants
- Conclude commercial agreements with clients and partners
- Maintain client satisfaction by ensuring high-quality services
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, conferences and trade shows
- Share experience and knowledge across teams and across the regions
- University degree in Sustainability and/or Business related discipline
- Several years of proven work experience in the field of sustainability (renewable energy or carbon markets), corporate responsibility, sustainable development and/or climate change in client-facing roles
- A proven network in the climate action and consultancy space in Austria
- Excellent business development experience with a track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Sound understanding of the business drivers behind corporate climate actions and initiatives (eg SBT, RE100, carbon neutrality) and the ability to formulate a business case
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
- Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and a sense of urgency
- Ability to challenge the status quo and think out of the box Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills with strong business and commercial acumen
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent German and English skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.