South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
You are comfortable working with internal and external contacts, including board members and you are familiar with dealing with a wide range of highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines/pressures. Job Summary:
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide close support to the Corporate Functions ExCo in all their administrative and organisational needs. Your remit will be to support the CHRO, CFO and Head of Global Communications, ensuring all logistics run smoothly for these departments. With clear and decisive communication, your support across a wide variety of tasks will help them and their teams to prioritise their time more effectively and focus on growing and evolving our business. By applying impeccable judgement along with unshakeable discretion and maturity, you will quickly become invaluable support and will take a lot of satisfaction in running a tight ship.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Providing high-level executive support to senior business leaders
- Supporting with calendar and inbox management
- Make travel arrangements, including but not limited to booking travel and hotels, handling all paperwork related to passports and business visas as needed
- Manage and process business expenses for Executives
- Submit timesheets for senior leaders
- Drafting correspondence, documents, reports, presentations, etc. where needed
- Coordinate meetings with external stakeholders
- Organize internal events and/or gatherings for senior leaders
- Handle confidential documents and obtain contract approvals and signatures
- Go-to person for external stakeholders to coordinate urgent matters involving the Executives
- Any additional tasks in support of executive leaders, as may be required
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Time-management skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to operate with organisational sensitivity
- High understanding of frequently used computer software and programs such as Google Suite
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with a focus on stakeholder management
- Ability to multitask in order to progress many processes and tasks simultaneously
- Experience working as an Executive Assistant in a global company
- Experience in a fast-changing / hyper-growth startup environment
- Experience working closely with C-Suite stakeholders
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.