South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Marketing and Communications teams are the key ambassadors of our corporate brand. From overseeing the way in which we approach our clients and showcase our products and services, to positioning South Pole as a global thought leader in the fight for climate action, we sharpen and strengthen our brand positioning and multiply our impact in the market through our strong value proposition. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Operations Specialist is to support the Global Marketing team with operational matters to ensure it can work in the most effective and efficient way. This includes a broad variety of responsibilities such as developing and improving processes and tools, compiling management reports and analysing data, supporting internal projects, developing onboarding processes and materials, and delivering trainings.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Maintain, improve and develop internal tools, processes, and templates.
- Support the Director of Marketing with any operational matters and requests.
- Be the primary go-to person for the Global Marketing team on operational issues, from daily support with using South Pole’s tools, to longer-term suggestions on process improvements.
- Conduct data analyses and monitor key metrics and performance of the Global Marketing team. Develop compelling presentations and reports sharing the results of such analyses with a broad audience, in collaboration with the Regional Operations team.
- Support the Marketing team in implementing various internal projects, enabling the commercial teams to offer South Pole's clients an optimal customer experience.
- Develop and update onboarding materials for new Marketing team members and deliver onboarding presentations.
- Contribute to ensuring effective and efficient information flow within the Marketing team, and between Marketing and other departments (e.g. KAM BD, Solutions).
- A university degree, ideally in Business Administration, Political Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, or related disciplines.
- Several years of relevant work experience conducting operational tasks effectively.
- Ability to identify gaps and design/enhance processes and tools to address them, with a taste for efficiency increase.
- Good controlling and organisation skills to ensure proper use of processes and tools.
- Taste for and experience with highly-detailed and hands-on tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal relationships skills, great communication skills, and enjoy working with and supporting others.
- Experience with working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach.
- Advanced skills with the use of Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools.
- Experience with Pardot or other Marketing Automation and Lead-Generation tools.
- Experience with onboarding and with learning and development activities.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.