South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The Consultant’s goal is to support corporate clients in Belgium, France and Luxemburg to analyse their carbon emissions, to set ambitious targets and to develop and monitor effective climate actions. This includes a variety of tasks such as data search and analysis, writing proposals and project deliverables and giving presentations. You will contribute to project teamwork on large mandates and you are expected to manage regular projects.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage medium-size sustainability consulting mandates throughout their entire
project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and
- Topics of engagement may include GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science-Based Targets (SBTs), energy efficiency, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and renewable energy strategies
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality
- For small advisory projects, occasionally provide high-level technical guidance and perform technical reviews of proposals and deliverables
- Interact and build relationships with our clients in the region and manage the timely delivery of mandates
- Develop proposals for the corporate sector on climate strategies and carbon
reduction roadmaps in close collaboration with the Key Account Management and
Business Development team and senior consulting professionals to support
business development activities for the company.
- Support regional practice leads and key account management teams to develop
South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, and offerings
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to the topics and
services offered by South Pole
- Master’s Degree of Environmental Engineering or Sciences, Bio-engineering or other engineering disciplines related to sustainable development
- Good understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of the practice.
- Several years of relevant work experience in sustainability consulting for corporate clients, including GHG accounting in line with best-practice
methodologies; scope 3 emissions accounting; reduction target setting (SBTs) and
GHG reduction plans.
- Ability to conduct research tasks, analyse, and summarise data.
- Good project management skills, from both a technical and administrative
- An autonomous yet collaborative approach to work.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, collaborators, or other relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written skills in Dutch and English. A good level of French is an advantage
- Good writing skills, with the ability to create high-quality documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. The practice of Power BI would be an asset.
- Engaged personally and/or professionally in action against climate change
- Practical experience in climate change strategies; carbon accounting and target setting, energy efficiency / GHG management; climate change scenario analysis and risk and opportunity assessment (for physical and transition risks); and stakeholder engagement and change management.
- Awareness of current national and international policy developments regarding
climate change and sustainable development
- Diligent, reliable, and proactive.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.