South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The role of the Senior Managing Consultant is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to international and regional clients on circular economy. You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of proposals on plastic footprinting, sustainable material strategies, redesign roadmaps, and plastic credits. For the implementation of projects, you will manage projects and supervise international project teams. You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as the main point of contact for the client. In addition, you may lead the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address the Circular Economy transition.
The Circular Economy team at South Pole is a small, international and growing team. We support companies and public sector organisations in assessing and reducing their role in waste. In addition, we support companies financing additional infrastructure for plastic collection and recycling in the regions they are active. We are very connected to the Climate Change and Biodiversity experts at South Pole, embedding Circular Economy strategies in a broader sustainability context. This role will report to the head of Circular Economy, however, also assumes involvement in projects that are run by other departments and have a component of Circular Economy. APAC is a growth area for us, and this role will play a crucial role to strategize and facilitate the upcoming growth in the region.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise large/complex consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with international and regional clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Develop proposals with the Key Account Management team and regularly generate own leads, actively contributing to the company's business development activities.
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in developing proposals for companies and public sector organisations on the topic of Circular Economy.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Lead and directly manage teams of consultants in a multi-geographies context.
- Lead the development of South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings.
- Topics of engagement may include: plastic footprints, target setting, strategy development and implementation, plastic funds, as well as plastic credits origination and commercialisation
- University degree, ideally at a Master’s level, in a sustainability-related field, with components of materials science or circular economy.
- Relevant knowledge of sustainability challenges and solutions in the value chain from technical materials
- Extensive relevant work experience in sustainability consulting or related fields.
- Excellent project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Excellent writing skills, with proven expertise in creating and reviewing high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills.
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of environmental sustainability challenges and specific consultancy experience in the relevant areas of the practice.
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and other Asian languages are highly regarded.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word.
- Diligent, reliable and proactive.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.