South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The (Senior) People & Culture Business Partner for Corporate Services will be responsible for providing broad P&C advice and support to the designated business unit(s) within the business line. This role will evolve with time into a regional Europe BP position as we are growing and expanding our presence globally and in Europe in particular. This position reports to the People & Culture Lead Corporate Services and Climate Investments and will partner with the management team(s) of the designated business unit(s), two more P&C Business Partners within the Corporate Sevices and Climate Investments business partnering domain and the COEs, to understand our key business challenges and provide world-class HR solutions and support in alignment with the overall People & Culture strategy. This is a position that requires someone who is comfortable working on practical and administrative issues, as well as supporting the business more strategically.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Key point of contact to partner with and advise managers at unit level on a broad variety of HR matters (recruitment/staffing plans, performance, compensation, talent development, training, recognition, diversity, engagement, terminations, wellbeing, etc.).
- Drive a broad range of HR solutions and processes to meet the evolving needs of our growing business
- Together with the main leaders of the unit, plan the staffing needs for each area
- Ensure that the recruitment process is carried out in a timely and quality manner through direct coordination with the recruitment team assigned to the unit.
- Be responsible to keep the headcount in the respective unit(s) updated to ensure strong and solid analytics
- Drive the annual salary review process within your business unit(s) together with the leadership teams
- Participate in the performance management process and facilitate performance calibration meetings at business unit level as well as prepare analytics to identify opportunities
- Process promotions within your business unit, ensuring they are adequately justified and align with HR policies, business needs and employee development plans
- Support/challenge any change initiatives around bonus schemes
- (Co) Identify and in conjunction with COE Talent Development, implement training needs within the business unit, in collaboration with the Talent, Learning and Development team
- Support employees and managers by proactively focusing on employee development, coaching them individually, and facilitating workshops and learning sessions as needed
- (Co) Drive the internal talent review and succession planning activities for the business unit
- Contribute to the design of career development pathways and communicate these to all employees within the function
- Raise awareness of any possible retention risks within the business unit, propose and implement solutions to address these, in alignment with our overall HR strategy and values
- Raise awareness of any issues affecting employee engagement and work with managers and the broader HR team in a proactive way to address these
- University degree in a relevant field of study
- Extensive relevant experience as HR BP, of which several years in a role with a regional or global focus
- Strong cultural sensitivity
- Broad understanding of core HR processes, with relevant experience in recruitment, staffing plans, performance management, compensation and benefits, learning and development, talent management, employee engagement, etc.
- Outgoing personality who is comfortable interacting with senior management on a broad range of complex HR matters
- Proactive and driven approach, able to identify challenges and suggest solutions before problems arise
- Strong business acumen, able to understand business challenges and translate these into effective HR solutions
- Innovative thinker, who is able to define effective solutions to global HR challenges
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient English oral and written mandatory; any other language spoken in any of South Pole’s office locations is highly valued
- Experience in a rapidly growing and fast-paced international environment
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Experience in or passion for environmental issues, diversity & inclusion, and talent development.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.